Our Vision is to experience God through authentic Christ-centered fellowship and study of His Word, so as to grow in our desire to exalt God in heartfelt worship and to extend His offer of personal relationship to those who don’t know Him.
In the Evergreen Vision Tree, the wood (roots, trunk & branches) represents Experiencing God. This is our foundation. The needles (the defining characteristic of an evergreen) stand for Exalting God. And the cones (the means of reproducing new life) remind us of our constant calling to Extend God’s invitation to others.
- Small group fellowship- Growing into the unity we have as Christ’s followers, unity that includes people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities and backgrounds.
- Bible study- Applying the powerful, relevant Word of God to our lives today.
- Telling our stories- Sharing what God has done and is doing in our lives.
- Now this is eternal life: That they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. –Jesus, in John 17:3
- Worship- Offering God praise that is heartfelt, God-centered, and culturally familiar.
- Focus — Removing the obstacles of human traditions that confuse the message of Jesus.
- Learning- Considering God’s character and will through teaching that is accurate, interesting, and memorable.
- A time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father is spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
–Jesus, in John 4:23
Extending God to Others
- Evangelism- Inviting the many people God is bringing to our area to learn of His love for them and to embrace salvation purchased by the death of Jesus Christ.
- Missions- Reaching out to the world. God is Lord of all the Earth, and every person is precious to God, so the world is our mission field.
- Mercy ministry- Demonstrating how God cares for physical and emotional, as well as spiritual needs in our community and beyond.
- God has committed to us the ministry of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
–Paul, in II Corinthians 5:19-20
- God says, “It is I who answer and look after you. I am like an evergreen tree; your faithfulness comes from Me.” (Hosea 14:8)